A recipe for a traditional peach cobbler, just like Grandma used to make. It has a biscuit-like topping over the peaches, rather than the batter style cobbler.
Serve with fresh cream or ice-cream.
- 3 cups sliced peaches (canned)
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease or oil a 9x9 baking dish.
- Spread sliced peaches in a single layer in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar over the top of the peaches.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the cream and stir until just combined (the dough will be quite wet).
- Spoon the cobbler dough onto the top of the fruit mixture in the baking dish.
- Smooth the batter with the back of a spoon, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes to cool before serving.