Skip to content
- 4 cups bread cubes (packed lightly in the cup)
- 4 cups tart apples (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Greased 2 quart casserole dish with a cover.
- Trim crusts and cube bread to make 4 cups. Put into shallow baking pan and toast in oven until crisp and light brown.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon and butter in a bowl.
- Put a layer of the bread in the greased casserole dish then a layer of apples.
- Do this several times ending with a topping of bread cubes.
- Drizzle the melted butter/sugar mixture over the top layer of crumbs.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove cover for the last 10 to 15 minutes to brown the top.
- 10. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.