It’s all very well to be trying out fancy new recipes, but many people still feel that the old ones are the best.
They are usually simple to make using simple ingredients.
Perhaps they also take us back to our childhoods when we think about how we used to make these recipes with our parents and grandparents.
When we get old we start to appreciate the simpler times
Pound Cake Recipe 1
- Half a cup of vegetable shortening
- Half a lb. Butter (softened)
- 2 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Quarter of a cup of milk
- 3/4 cup canned un-drained crushed pineapples with juice
- Quarter of a cup of butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapples, drained
- Using a large bowl, mix together the shortening, butter and granulated sugar to produce a creamy consistency. One at a time, mix in the eggs and beat after each one you have added.
- Then take another large bowl and sift in the flour and baking powder. Then you can add the two ingredients to the creamy mixture. Add this in one big spoonful at a time along the milk. Next you should add in the vanilla and pineapples with the juice. Mix this all up really well.
- Now take a 10 inch round tube pan and grease it very lightly. Pour the above mixture into it and then place it into a cold oven. You should then put the temperature of the oven to 325 and allow the cake to bake for an hour and fifteen minutes.
- Either you can just have the cake as is, or you can continue the recipe to create a pineapple topping. You simply mix together the confectioner’s sugar, quarter cup of soft butter and then the cup of drained pineapples in a large bowl. To finish off you should then pour this over you hot cake and allow it to cool.
Pound Cake Recipe 2
- 1 1/2 cups of butter
- 3 cups of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 3 3/4 cups of flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cups milk
- Using a large bowl, mix up the butter and sugar. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Take another bowl and mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Next you will this to the egg mixture alternating with the milk.
- Pour it all into a lightly greased 10 inch tube pan and bake it in the oven at 350 for 60 minutes.