This easy no-bake pumpkin pie mousse is just like Grandma used to make. Creamy pumpkin mousse, served with maple whipped cream. No calorie counting here, just a delicious, creamy, and easy to put together dessert!
Pumpkin puree: this recipe uses a can of pumpkin puree. Be sure to choose puree and not pumpkin pie filling as your recipe will turn out way too sweet.
Maple syrup: This recipe is best made with maple syrup. but you can substitute liquid honey if you prefer.
Pumpkin pie spice: I usually just use a ready-made blend, but you can use a homemade spice mix of ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground ginger.
Yield: Serves 6
Pumpkin Pie Mousse
How to make easy no-bake pumpkin pie mousse.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 can pumpkin purée (15-oz.) [Note 1]
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (divided)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup half & half
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
To serve (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (for dusting)
- 6 gingernut cookies
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Add the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, half & half, and 4 tablespoons maple syrup to a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if required.
- Transfer to individual dessert bowls or cups.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, place the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until it doubles in size.
- Add the remaining maple syrup (2 tablespoons) and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- To serve, remove mousse cups from refrigerator and top with maple whipped cream, pecans, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Serve with a ginger cookie on the side.
- Not pumpkin pie filling