- 1 small pumpkin (~10 inches)
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1/3 of a cup of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups of apples, chopped and peeled
- 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg or cinnamon
Slice off the top of the washed & dried pumpkin and scrape out the seeds.
Mix the apples, raisins and pecans (or walnuts) together and put them in the pumpkin.
Mix together the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg and pour them over the fruit & nuts.
Place the lid back onto the pumpkin, place the pumpkin onto a baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated, 350-degree oven until the apples are tender (1 hour – 11/2 hours).
Serve it right from the shell!
Serves: 6 people.